Principle of Operations
The SULTAN 234 emits a high powered acoustic wave transmit pulse which is reflected from the surface of the material being measured. The reflected signal is processed using specially developed software to enhance the correct signal and reject false or spurious echoes.
The transmission of high powered acoustic waves ensures minimal losses through the environment where the sensor is located. Due to the high powered emitted pulse, any losses have far less effect than would be experienced by traditional ultrasonic devices. More energy is transmitted hence more energy is returned. Advanced receiver circuitry is designed to identify and monitor low level return signals even when noise levels are high. The measured signal is temperature compensated to provide maximum accuracy to the outputs and display.
Primary areas of application
River level, wet wells, inlet screens, tanks, sumps, pump stations, water towers, dams, basin levels, chemical storage, etc.
Crushers, surge bins, ore passes, conveyor profile, blocked chute, stockpile, stackers, reclaimers, storage silos etc.
Boiler bunkers, raw coal bunkers, ash pits, fly ash silos, etc.
Food, cement, plastics, grain, chemicals, paper, irrigation, quarries
- Non contact measurement
- High Power even with two wire loop supply
- Low cost per point
- Wide range of communications: Devicenet, Goshawk, HART, Modbus, Profibus (Fieldbus & Profibus PA pending)
- Pump Control x5 pumps
- Auto compensation for dust, steam and losses
- Protection class IP67, NEMA 4x (IP68 Transducer)
- Programmable fail safe mode
- High temp applications on request
- GSM/CMDA remote setup options/config
- Differential and average level control (2 transducers)